Rodgers Homepage

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Due this week... and closing the books on T1 grades

Due - Detail
1114 - Roman Provinces Map (Goal - How do places and people get their names)
1115 - Roman Chapter Presentation Script (in class); (Goal - How can we divide Roman History so that we can digest its vast array of topics and time periods)

1116 - XC (3 - 4% points) per subject - LA assignment and SS assignment
1116 - Final Due date for ALL work due this trimester. All work must be turned in by 1:37 on Friday directly to Mr. Rodgers in person in his hands. Do not put assignments in my school mail box nor leave them magically on my desk.

----------------------
As the trimester comes to a close, I try to build in a buffer for students to have a week to complete missing assignments, get ahead with an extra credit assignment in each subject (that can apply to this trimester or next) and work on assignments that will count towards the grades for Trimester 2.

Some students in each LASS7 Core have a tendency to
1. not write their names on assignments (Over 70 assignments from the past three weeks),
2. turn in assignments late (over 50 from the past three weeks),
3. or even leave them buried in their binder until days like today, when I ask students to find work that they know they finished, but has been recorded as a zero, because they can't just find or think it has been lost. Between my two Core classes today, students turned in over 50 assignments found in their binders (this number is common and answer the question 90 percent of the time if an assignment has been "lost."). I clean binders like this at the end of every large unit and a week before grades are due.

As a result, I have entered late work received the last week yesterday, Monday, and will enter at least another 80 no names and found in binder assignments handed to me just today. This makes for a bit of confusion for some students about their grade, but likewise makes it difficult for me to give accurate grades when students have so many no name, found in binder and late assignments.

In the end, I will try to finish grades tonight. Students have until the end of the week to makeup any missing, late, miss entered or incomplete assignments. I will print grade sheets tomorrow in class and will deal with students that have work to hand into me with grade sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment