Rodgers Homepage

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer 2011, June 23

I have been taking the bus or walking to different parts of San Francisco, where I have lived for almost twenty years. I have driven through various parts of this city for years, but remarkably, have not walked in several neighborhoods that I know only through my windshield at 35 - 45 mph.

I have made it my goal to drink coffee in different parts of town everyday. After drinking the coffee, I have written very lengthy journal entries, starting with a short review of the coffee house, the neighborhood or the people that live there. Ultimately, as in any great journal, I focus on several other ideas that are triggered by the new experience, or old ideas that need re-examination that day.

Over the past two weeks, I have also been working on various projects for my classroom, from designing better rubrics, to reading short stories as well as curriculum guides in the hopes of constantly improving my curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment